“Know where you’re going in life, you may already be there.”
Do you ever find yourself in a quiet moment, wondering where you’re headed, and wondering how long it will take to get there?
And maybe, if your dream lasts long enough, you find yourself at your destination, astonished. “How did I get here? This isn’t what I wanted?”
We may have already arrived at our best place. Good health, only a few bills, a steady paycheck. Ample friends. Reliable things.
And yet, in midlife, if we aren’t careful, we might completely miss our exit.
Men of a certain age is the target audience for Mid Life Celebration. Baby Boomer men, and Gen X men over 40 years old.
All are welcome, of course. Yesterday’s Mid Life Celebration Guest Blogger, Lorie Sheffer, recommended “Men of a Certain Age” on TNT, tonight (Monday’s) at 10PM.
Click here to view Men of a Certain Age website. Viewing it will give you a quick idea whether or not you want to check it out. I’ll have to record it because 9:30PM is “lights out”.
Took a quick look yesterday. Really liked what I saw.
If you’ve seen it, and feel like it, share a quick comment about the show. Happy Monday.
Click here to read the six steps from an Everyday Health article.
Or, simply read my list that says the same thing, just differently:
- Make your goal impossible
- Start small, I mean seriously small
- Plan on it taking the rest of your life
- Do it for someone else, someone really (significantly) important
- Plan for set backs and mis-steps
- Have fun and reward yourself occasionally
- (Bonus step) Search, and find, your indomitable will along way
Ready, set, go!
Here are the top five finalists, in no particular order:
- I Feel Good – James Brown
- Fruitcakes – Jimmy Buffett
- Netherlands – Dan Fogelberg
- Lifesong – Casting Crowns
- I Can Only Imagine – Mercy Me
This was way harder than I thought. Anyone else struggle?
Oh, I almost forgot, you really don’t have time for this nonsense. I get it. Everyone is crazy busy.
January was supposed to be simple – Simplicity. What the heck happened to simplicity?
I can only imagine.
First thing on the list today, inspired by the Third Day song I’m currently listening to:
- THANK YOU Mid Life Celebration readers for visiting
It’s simply joyful to know that so many people visit each day. Your visits humble me, inspire me.
Second thing on the list: If a movie was made of your life, what song would be featured?
If it’s easier, what top two or three songs? Hard to pick just one.