“To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven; a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted”. — Ecclesiates 3:1-2
And a time for mid life, which happens in it’s own unique way for virtually everyone. For some, like me, it can easily last a decade. For others, perhaps it comes and goes over a weekend.
The essence of a mid life crisis is that it’s a time for reflection, and asking:
- “How did I get to this point in my life”?
- “Is this where I thought I wanted to be”?
- “What is the purpose of my life”?
- “Is there anything I need to change”?
- “Can I change it, and is it even worth it”?
Life is hard. There is no manual telling us exactly what to do. There are so many unpredictable things that change, destroy or inspire our plans. It’s up to each of us to choose wisely.