First day back and five thoughts to keep us going:
- it’s always too soon to quit
- exhaustion and loneliness are merely stepping stones
- remember who you are
- remember the bigger picture
- the closer you are to quitting, the closer you are to winning
Twelve days on the road. Yesterday was recuperation. Today is Mother’s Day.
Can we indulge in being thankful for the long journey?
Hilo to Honolulu, to Los Angeles, to Orlando.
Beats the alternative.
Aloha Mid Life Celebration.
Completely disjointed from normal routine.
Thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to experience The Big Island and Maui.
Relished the privilege to teach here.
Time flew so fast, it’s unbelievable.
Writing was nearly nonexistent. So was exercise.
Will process these things upon the return to Orlando tomorrow.
What’s the difference between doing something when refreshed and doing it while exhausted?
Quite simply, it’s everything.
In four years of writing five daily blogs, never has it been necessary to write for 10 days straight past midnight?
Charting though unanticipated new territory.
Coincidently, not until the past 10 days in Hawai’i.
Three obvious things about attitude on the Big Island:
1. It’s incredibly exciting to visit for the first time.
2. Historical marketing did a great job of painting the romantic stereotype.
3. It’s insanely refreshing to realize it’s different, but the same as everywhere else.
Traveling the world, it really does ring true…
There is just one moon and one golden sun and a smile means friendship to everyone. There’s so much that we share, that it’s time we’re aware… it’s a small world after all…
Have an awesome Saturday.