Last wakeup call in 2008-09 (real estate/banking collapse) while you were at Disney Institute (DI) you did what?
- Brainstormed a plan B in case there ever was another unexpected layoff.
- Picked the best idea from the creative list
- Stopped at SunTrust Bank on the way home from DI to seek “starting a business first step advice”
- Visited SunBiz.org, registered my business and scheduled the LLC to begin January 1, 2009.
- Grabbed some domain name real estate at GoDaddy in 2008
- Installed WordPress.org and began blogging October 17, 2008.
- April Fools Day 2009, began self-imposed, 100-day writer’s bootcamp to write 5 daily, differently-themed blog posts.
- Created social media accounts, including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- After a 30-year delay, wrote the first sentence to my book, finished it 2 years later, and after 2 more years of fear, mustered the courage to publish it Thanksgiving 2013.
- In 2008, made a promise to retire from Disney in 6 years at age 55, and begin a solo speaking/writing career in earnst.
- Now at at 60, after 5 incredibly transformational solo years, my one-month-ago-Disney-retired wife (35 years at WDW) and i are blessed to be able to ride out Covid-19.
- As a currently unemployed speaker, there’s solace in knowing Covid-19 will pass.
- My/our hope for the future has never been greater.
• • • • •
This website is about our MIND. To read today’s post about our BODY, click here.
If you want to stay on this site and read more posts from this Blog, click here.